OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Headset Adaptor 2.5 To 3.5mm Stereo Cable?, for VOIP/voice recorder... mic + stereo?
speculatrix
post Mar 18 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

I have a mono plantronics ear/mic boom headset with a 2.5mm jack which was designed for a mobile phone. I happened to have an old pair of bust headphones with a stereo 3.5mm plug on it, so I snipped off the lead about 4 inches long, and soldered on a 2.5mm stereo socket.

The connections are 1:1, tip to tip, middle to middle, back/case to back case. Use a multimeter if in doubt as to which is middle which is tip, case or back is generally obvious.

It works pretty well with the kphone/sip-phone and voice recorder application, and with a bluetooth network adaptor networked to my desk PC running SuSElinux9.2, I've used it with our VOIP system at work (had to "acquire" my extension's password using a dubious bit of network sniffing with ethereal, but that's for a different forum!).

I'm thinking of making a little switch box so that I can use a stereo headset, with a switch to change it to a mono headset plus microphone.

I have wondered if I need a three-way 3.5mm plug - does the Zaurus's connector output stereo sound and simultaneusly have microphone input?

Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
omega
post Mar 18 2005, 03:45 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,825

As far as i know, you just need the switch between the second speaker and the mike... i think the applications change it to input / output.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:51 AM