IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Building For The Sharp-based 'roms' With Oe
lardman
post Aug 24 2005, 05:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 464

I've been a bit busy lately and hadn't noticed this, but OE can now build Sharp-based 'ROM' compatible stuff.

Take a look here: http://oe.handhelds.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/SharpROM

Then head over to the Getting Started page to see how to install everything and get going: http://oe.handhelds.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/GettingStarted

Si
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kopsis
post Oct 25 2006, 04:30 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,880

For reasons I won't go into (in the interest of avoiding a flame war), I've gone back to the Cacko ROM and so I need to get a Sharp compatible dev env going again. I can always fall back on my DSL based system, but there are a lot of advantages to being able to use OpenEmbedded.

I know it's "theoretically" possible, but it seems the original page referenced by this thread is 404 and the only reference I can find on the OE wiki says:
Building packages for the Sharp ROM is as easy as setting

DISTRO = "sharprom-compatible"

in your local.conf and then compiling as usual. Unfortunately, the process is not yet 100% stable. So do not be surprised if you have some problems along the way.

Has anyone tried this recently, and if so could you summarize your results? The condition "not yet 100% stable" can be satisfied by 1% stable just as well as 99% stable. I'd love to know which end of that spectrum we're really talking about. Time is in short supply and I can't afford to waste a bunch on a doomed experiment.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 04:41 PM