Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anybody Working On Wakeup?, maybe using apmsleep
develd
post Sep 13 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,399

Hi users,

is anybody allready working on a wakeup solution for OpenBSD on a Zaurus?

I've just read the pdaXrom thread:

Ko/pi Alarm Applet Needed

They suggest to grep the next at event (maybe checking cron would be nice too) and then do an apmsleep till some seconds before this event.

I couldn't find apmsleep nor apm in the ports tree. It's must be in a system package.

When holding the power button for some seconds the Zaurus fell into sleep. It seems to be a kernel thing because it's still functioning with a moved /usr/sbin/apm. So how to use apmsleep for this? Any suggestions?

Oliver

PS: My snapshot installation of 3.8beta from 09/02 is working like a charm on a C3100. Growing up the system from the ports tree is much of fun.

PPS: If you like working on a console - try ratpoison! Why loosing 5% of the tiny screen for titlebars and a panel? (thanks barryg for this suggestion on your website)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
iamasmith
post Feb 5 2006, 03:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,928

I took a trawl through the OpenBSD kernel source and found that the pxa stuff does actually have rtc_alarm stuff built in, however, this seems to only be being used for debugging apm at the moment and there's no interface from 'userland' down to that stuff.

- Andy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 03:37 PM