Member No.: 7,814

Anyone found an gps application that:

1) works with OZ3.5.3
2) works reliably with OZ3.5.3
3) doesn't have major dependencies
4) doesn't require major (or preferably any) compiling/cross compiling

I have the Haicom 303MMF gps unit

http://www.haicom.com.tw/gps303.shtml

It can be used as a serial, usb or cf gps. I use it in serial mode with a serialIO cable.

I've tried the following apps (and done a lot of reading on all of them both through the forums and google) on my 3.5.3 Z and my Sharp 3.10 rom Z.

1) RoadmapGPS/Roadmap
2) QpeGPS
3) zGPS
4) EPS

RoadmapGPS works fine for seeing the satelittes visible and the nmea data, but doesn't give easily readable position info. Roadmap just barfs with an error. QpeGPS doesn't work with gpsd 2.2.0-rc1 from the OZ feed, using an older version of gpsd (1.10) also doesn't work for me, the GPSD telltale fluctuates back and forth between green OK and red ERR. Either way, I never get a position. zGPS doesn't pick anything up period. EPS, well it runs on the Sharp rom but also doesn't pick anything up. On the OZ rom, it won't run because of the lack of a jvm, I tried getting jeode working on my OZ machine but gave up in the wee hours of the morning. I may give it another go today. I've also tried all of these on the Sharp rom with similar results. I know the gps is working fine as I get the proper location data when running wellenreiter on the OZ unit.

Ideally I just want an app I can run and see where I am and where I've been as I'd like to get into geocaching. If it can load maps, that's great but not necessary. As long as I can see my current position (lat/long), that'd be good enough to start. If it can output a textfile of where I've been that'd be a bonus.

Suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 09:12 PM