Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mp3 Players
dfisher
post Jan 31 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

Folks,

What do you use for an MP3 player on your 6000? Now that we have 1Gb+ SD cards I'd really like to be able to save and restore playlists. Even sorting by Artist would be nice. What does everyone use? I tried that Sharp musicplayer app and it was very unstable on the 6000. Looking at tkcPlayer - does anyone use it?

Cheers,
Doug
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
eji
post Jan 31 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,659

The newest Sharp music player (initially for the 3000) is by far the best looking of all MP3 players, but it's limited by support (as in, you're lucky to get it play anything that isn't MP3) and stability.

Kino 2 over an mplayer base exhibits too much weird behavior for me to find it at all useful. Flickering toolbars, painted screen. So I stick with zplayer (also over mplayer), which handles just about anything I throw at it, organise playlists, and can read basic MP3 tags. The only minor drawback is browsing and spontaneous listening: everything has to be added to a playlist.

To put it briefly, then: I use zplayer. (Looks like there are lots of new testing versions to play with!)

I would kiss the feet of the developer who could create an MP3/OGG/AAC player for the Z that could reliably read IDv3 2.4 tags and display cover art. But I think that's asking too much.

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Feb 1 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE(eji @ Jan 31 2006, 12:06 PM)
To put it briefly, then: I use zplayer. (Looks like there are lots of new testing versions to play with!)

Hey thanks for the link to zplayer! I have been using tkcPlayer for a couple of years, and it has always been more than I really wanted (I was happy with xmms just playing directories, but the Qt version doesn't get along with my SL-6000).

I am playing zplayer right now, and although one has to create a play list (which tkcPlayer also requires), it does very nice power management (read: doesn't fall asleep while playing, something that tkcPlayer does intermittently, and is very irritating).

And since it uses mplayer in the background, it plays my Oggs (which is the format I rip all of my purchased CDs into).

Thanks again for the tip.

Craig...

+Quote Post
tinyrooster
post Feb 1 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,310

I use Sharp's Music Player and haven't had problem's with it.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 09:32 PM