IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Zaurus Sl-c1000 Need Help How To Sync, Zaurus SL-C1000 need help how to sync
blizz61
post Feb 23 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,199

Can someone help me I need to sync my SL-C1000 I have windows XP and I follow the instruction c3000sync but still not able to sync I keep getting unable to sync please I am newbie and can someone send me the instruction or files I need to get it working love this gadget.
Jr sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
PaulBx1
post Feb 28 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,234

What are you trying to sync to, Outlook? What software are you using to sync with?

I too am a newbie on this with several questions, and even after searching about this I'm at a loss. I have an SL-C1000 also, with Cacko full package, and want to sync to Palm Desktop v4.2 on an XP machine if possible. The questions that occur to me:

1) Apparently some people use Intellisync. I didn't notice that in my package, I suppose it is on the CD from Conics but it looks all Japanese to me so is useless. So, where do I get English language Intellisync?

2) I see a "PC Link" application in the Zaurus. Is that what communicates with Intellisync on the PC, or is it completely independent of it? What database does it sync with? It allows a choice of PC link (apparently two USB protocols, in host mode or client mode I wonder) or syncing via card. Is that latter one like if you have your PIM files on a card, or something like that?

I will keep digging around to see if I can find what the best recipe is. I noticed these comments on an SL-C3000 review:
Sharp includes a version of Intellisync on the CDs that come with the Zaurus but the program is in Japanese and thus virtually impossible to use for English speaking users.  You can install an English version that you can get online but you must be sure and install the hardware drivers that come on the Zaurus CD.  Once doing this Intellisync runs in English and will synchronize the Zaurus PIM information to Outlook or Palm Desktop.  I had a lot of problems throughout my evaluation of the Zaurus with this synchronization which might be due to my complicated Outlook setup on the desktop.  Some users report no problems syncing with the desktop and others are never successful getting their PIM data onto the Z, so this is an area that needs some improvement.  Once the drivers are installed you can connect the Zaurus to your desktop using the included USB cable, and the Z appears as a removable drive on the Windows desktop which is a handy way to get files back and forth.  This is much easier than using ActiveSync on a Pocket PC.

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/200..._review_sh.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:41 PM