OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thekompany.com Is Porting It's Progs To The 770!, Pims plus more. It should help a LOT.
neuroshock
post Feb 25 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,562

Hey folks,

I've been watching the 770 stuff carefully for the last little while as I'm looking to it for my next venture purchase. My antiquated RCA REB1100 is aging ungracefully lately and I've had my eye on the 770 as a Ebook reader on steroids upgrade. One of the things I've been dissapointed about was the lack of PIM and productivity software available for it right now. I know they aren't positioning themselves in the market against pda's directly but at >$350usd I would REALLY like to get some productivity work out of the thing when I do get around to buying one as well as fun and games.

Soooo I was VERY excited when I checked in for some software upgrades at www.thekompany.com and found that they are busy porting their embedded programs to the Nokia 770 platform! This is HUGE great news as thekompany.com offers PIMS and productivity software that is every bit as good as ANY software on the market for any of the Zaurus models! Okay, I know it's sad but I own EVERY embedded piece of software for both the SL-5500 and clamshell models that they offer. Together they account for about 60-70% of the progs I currently use on my Zaurii. So yes they do cost money (no freeware here) but they are all very reasonably priced for what you get - I've never regretted a single purchase I've made with them yet. The moment they get the basic PIM's ported I'll be a new 770 owner. The rest of their embedded offerings being ported will be just the icing on the cake. =)

By the way - I have no connection whatsoever to thekompany.com in any way shape or form. I AM as I said already a very happy customer however. The only negative about the company I can think of is that if you ever need tech support you will find that the gentleman who responds to all emails (I think he's also the president) is named Shawn and while you'll get good support you'll find he has all the personality of a rock. The good news is however that you purchased the program and intellectual support of their product not someone to make you feel good about yourself.

Maybe I'll be a 770 owner sooner than I thought!

-NeuroShock
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 06:25 AM