> Video Playback On Your Cxx00, The hard way
deluxe
post Sep 17 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,780

QUOTE(xamindar @ Sep 15 2010, 10:18 PM) *
QUOTE(jakfish @ Sep 15 2010, 06:05 PM) *
I bought a 2000MaH battery for 15USD shipped from ebay/Hong Kong. I imagine it's shown up but for complicated reasons, I can't get to my mail until the end of the month. The price was right, though, if the thing did ship.

Let me know how that battery turns out. I have seen it as well and there is also a website that sells them for $10 but probably a little more with shipping. I asked the ebay seller when these batteries were actually manufactured (because lithium-ion degrade even when not used). I did not receive a response so I took that to mean a bad thing and didn't bother buying any.

Probably better than my current situation though. My current battery (official Sharp 5600 battery) seems to last an hour or so, less if I watch a movie or connect to wireless. With the original C3100 battery my Zaurus will complain that the battery is dead and put its self to sleep as soon as I try to connect to a wireless access point.

I have bought several of those batteries over the years, still have 2 that I have never actually used. They work perfectly fine, seemingly identical in capacity to the original Sharp battery............and SO much cheaper. Last time I bought one was about a month ago, got it from an ebay auction BIN for $12 shipped.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakfish
post Sep 28 2010, 04:26 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 91,772

@ xamindar

I was able to finally get the battery out of the post office, and it appears to be a good one. I get about 4 hours with wifi card on all the time. Not bad, considering their physical size. I just ordered another one, and I'm hoping for the same luck.

Jake

+Quote Post
agosine
post Sep 28 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 2,156

Has anyone used SUPER (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html) to encode videos? What file type and encoding formats work with the Zaurus?

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Oct 17 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,368

QUOTE(agosine @ Sep 17 2010, 08:52 AM) *
Hi xamindar, can you post your mencoder script? I have lots of tv shows recorded with MythTV that I would like to convert and take with me on my Zaurus.

So sorry I didn't reply to this. I read it then forgot about it. Here you go. It uses mencoder which is usually part of mplayer. Just make sure you have mencoder installed and you should be good.

One thing about it though. When I use it to encode HD content (very high resolution video) the framerate of the resulting video is a little strange. It drops frames on encode for some reason. Maybe there is a filter I can add or something but I haven't gotten around to it. Most resulting videos are great though.

just run the script like this:
zvidencoder.sh input output

It encodes with a width of 640 by default.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  zvidencoder.zip ( 1.03K ) Number of downloads: 8

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th July 2014 - 09:18 AM