Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sl-6000 screen vs Ipaq
lwong
post Apr 6 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388

Greetings,

I have been contemplating to get a Sl-6000 for a while since my 5500 is getting a bit old. One of thing about 6000 everyone is raving about is the screen. I am curious how much better is it compared to an Ipaq (which arguably has the best screen in the market) and Toshiba e805 (4" screen)?

One thing I noiticed about the screens on 5500 and my Sharp laptop is that it lacks the "warmth" of a very good LCD.In the case of 5500, it's too dark w/o backlite and in the case of laptop it can be turned very bright but the images got washed out. When I look at the LCD on a Sony laptop, the image has very good color saturation even the backlite is turned to max. I hope this is not true with their CG silicon tecnology.

Since I am not a Linux guru, one of the major justification is the brilliant screen that will make using the machine a pleasure(The expansion sleeve was also a big thing but at close to $200 a pop is a bit excessive for me). But if the existing Ipaq or Toshiba e805 can match the screen of the SL-6000, I think I can wait a bit longer to see what to get.

Thanks

FW
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 09:51 PM