mcamou doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 8-January 04
Profile Views: 420*
Last Seen: 30th January 2006 - 02:13 PM
Local Time: Oct 24 2016, 05:07 PM
61 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
11 Nov 2004
I'm running Cacko 1.21b on an SL-C760. I have 2 SD cards, my old 256MB and a just-purchased 512MB, both formatted with VFAT. Using an SD card reader I copied over all of the data from the old card to my laptop's hard drive (using tar) and then unpacked it to the new card.
In the new card I'm missing a lot of files that seem to be taking up space in the card. Doing a df -k gives me 233,584 K used in the card; however, doing a du -sk on the card's root I get 152 K. The old card gives me similar results in both cases (231,496 K with df, 231,480 with df).
I already tried reformatting the card and copying the data again, and get the same results. I also tried formatting the card as ext2 but my PowerBook doesn't seem to recognize it (even though I've installed the ext2fs for OS X package).
Never mind, I just tried doing du -sk on the laptop and got a bunch of files containing gibberish, I might be stuck with a busted SD card. I guess this topic will stay here since I haven't found a way of deleting a topic, only of editing it.
Has anybody heard of an SD card brand called "extrememory"?
9 Aug 2004
I continuously use KO/Pi, wonderful app. I've been tracking KDEPIM/Pi thinking about migrating to KA/Pi but what's holding me back is that I have a LARGE number of contacts in my C760's DTM address book, and I don't sync with anything (running Linux on the desktop). So, is DTM sync for KA/Pi planned? What's the status?
24 Apr 2004
I'm still running Cacko 1.20 ("Daniela") on my C760, I haven't been able to upgrade to 1.21 because of these problems:
- If I set the "PC Link" option to "PC Link Setting", the usbd0 interface comes up (and the usb0 interface on my desktop computer comes up also), but I can't ping/ssh/anything (I get timeouts). This used to work previously.
- I I set it to "Storage / SD Memory Card" it hangs every time it tries to copy more than a trivial amount of data (1 MB or so). The copy itself seems to go fine but when I try to umount or sync it hangs. I get the following message on dmesg on the Zaurus: "storage_fd: write bulk out timeout. length '1024/1536' (several times)
My SD card is a 256-MB Toshiba (brand is Dane-Elec). It used to work fine previously (with the Sharp ROM), no error messages although, of course, I didn't have the USB storage driver on the Z at the time. Also, I have no alternative way of writing on an SD card and no other means of network connectivity on the Z. Any ideas what might be going on and what I might do to fix this?
21 Mar 2004
Whenever I try to do an scp to or from my C760 with the new Cacko "Daniela" 1.20 ROM, I get the following message:
scp: error while loading shared libraries: scp: undefined symbol: __clz_tab
20 Mar 2004
I seem to remember reading in some thread that there was some way of completely replacing KeyHelper with Cyrillica. Here's what I do with KeyHelper, there are some things that I don't know how to do with Cyrillica, can anybody help?
1. Change the 2 jap keys to Ctrl and Alt (nicely done already)
2. Change Fn+5..Fn+0 to ñ and accented vowels (for Spanish and French). Shift+Fn+6..Shift+Fn+0 to grave-accented vowels (for French). No idea but I assume I need to create a keymap. Are there any docs on creating Cyrillica keymaps?
3. Hotkeys to launch applications. Home+T = Terminal, Home+N = NetFront, Home+O = Opera and so on. No idea if this can be done.
4. Hotkeys for application list and next application (Shift+Mail = app list, Shift+Home = next app). No idea if this can be done.
So, can I get rid of KeyHelper, or do I still need it? Are there any docs around for using Cyrillica? (at least for KeyHelper you can Babelfishize the Japanese docs).
30 Oct 2008 - 12:41
Other users have left no comments for mcamou.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 24th October 2016 - 08:07 AM|