OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Google search on any character key
graynada
post Jul 5 2018, 01:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 821,829

Does anyone else have and know how to overcome this Gemini 'feature'? If I press any character key while on the home screen Google Search pops up with that charter in the search bar. This invariably leads to GS being on when I first open the device to some inadvertent button pressing by me and/or the screen. Does anyone know how to turn off this feature as on the very rare occasions I would need it I'm very happy to go to the very considerable trouble of opening my browser to do a Google search?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
loop
post Apr 8 2019, 11:15 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 824,560

QUOTE(graynada @ Jul 5 2018, 11:54 AM) *
Does anyone else have and know how to overcome this Gemini 'feature'? If I press any character key while on the home screen Google Search pops up with that charter in the search bar. This invariably leads to GS being on when I first open the device to some inadvertent button pressing by me and/or the screen. Does anyone know how to turn off this feature as on the very rare occasions I would need it I'm very happy to go to the very considerable trouble of opening my browser to do a Google search?

This can be achived with the latest version of Nova Launcher! Settings -> Home Screen -> Search Provider,
set to Nova Search

+Quote Post
jakfish
post Apr 9 2019, 11:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 91,772

>>This can be achived with the latest version of Nova Launcher! Settings -> Home Screen -> Search Provider,
set to Nova Search<<

Actually, no. If Nova Search is activated, pressing a key simply brings another search bubble. If I'm not mistaken, graynada--and me too--wants nothing to happen if a key is pressed when on Home Screen.

Jake

+Quote Post
graynada
post Apr 9 2019, 11:03 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 821,829

QUOTE(jakfish @ Apr 9 2019, 07:58 PM) *
>>This can be achived with the latest version of Nova Launcher! Settings -> Home Screen -> Search Provider,
set to Nova Search<<

Actually, no. If Nova Search is activated, pressing a key simply brings another search bubble. If I'm not mistaken, graynada--and me too--wants nothing to happen if a key is pressed when on Home Screen.

Jake

Yes thanks Jake, that would be the desired outcome, plus as an aside, I don't use Nova Launcher anyway. Maybe Oreo will be the answer.....

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 06:05 AM