OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Linux not booting after upgrade to lxc-android package, an update to the lxc-android package has forced me to reflash.
Geeber
post May 14 2019, 04:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 846,013

I am just posting this to let other people know.
The kali-gem repository by re4son kernel received an update to the lxc-android package.
After I upgraded to this new version. (I update and upgrade as often as possible.)

Linux just became unbootable I could not ssh in even over USB cable. So I have just given up and reflashed.

Luckily (due to the amount of times I have had to reflash) I have written a bash script that more or less restores my system to its default. With only a few settings here and there needing to be tweaked via a GUI.

Linux did seem to boot correctly, I know this because I set up a cron job to change the brightness to 5% on system boot. Which did in fact work.

I was planning on using the logcat tool to see if I could fix the problem over ssh.

I don't really know how this problem can be solved but for now I am just going to hold the package back.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st April 2020 - 12:27 AM