OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Voice assistant
TomJ
post Feb 11 2020, 07:24 AM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 16
Joined: 2-January 20
Member No.: 862,685



Since the latest firmware update, I seem unable to launch Google Assistant either using Fn-Space or the right toggle on the CoDi whether or not the options enabling these are turned on. I am sure it did work at least a couple of times between the update I did on day 1 on receiving the device and the latest upgrade (done before the upgrade servers went dark for a while). I can, however access Assistant from my bluetooth headset (an Aftershokz Air) with a long press of the multifunction button. Is it just me, or has anyone else found the same problem or, better yet, a way around it?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cam1965
post Feb 12 2020, 09:22 AM
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 91
Joined: 28-May 19
Member No.: 848,911



QUOTE(TomJ @ Feb 11 2020, 07:24 AM) *
Since the latest firmware update, I seem unable to launch Google Assistant either using Fn-Space or the right toggle on the CoDi whether or not the options enabling these are turned on. I am sure it did work at least a couple of times between the update I did on day 1 on receiving the device and the latest upgrade (done before the upgrade servers went dark for a while). I can, however access Assistant from my bluetooth headset (an Aftershokz Air) with a long press of the multifunction button. Is it just me, or has anyone else found the same problem or, better yet, a way around it?


Mine has the same behaviour. But I didn't test it before the update.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
TomJ
post Feb 15 2020, 02:40 AM
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 16
Joined: 2-January 20
Member No.: 862,685



I've made a step forward, or at least half a step; opening the Planet Voice Assistant app brought a request for a new permission usage stats or somesuch. Granted that, all now well on the launching Google Assistant side of the house. Only problem is, it can't hear anything. I tried from the Google search bar and Chrome; all appear deaf.

EDIT: Having posted this, I thought I'd try a restart; seems to have done the trick.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 02:30 AM