OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Google Search Bar, Remove from Desktop
TheLonelyRunner
post Feb 13 2020, 06:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 864,750

Has anyone been able to remove the Google Search Bar from the Desktop? I have gone through the process of removing it based on generic steps for most android devices without success. I am left with a black bar that says "search".
I would love to clean up the desktop and make room for apps and widgets, and enjoy my background. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheBruce
post Feb 13 2020, 06:36 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 859,959

As far as I know, the only way of doing this is using a different launcher. I'm using Nova launcher, which has a free and a paid version. This comes with a lot of nifty extras as well. Recommended

+Quote Post
TheLonelyRunner
post Feb 13 2020, 08:06 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(TheBruce @ Feb 13 2020, 06:36 AM) *
As far as I know, the only way of doing this is using a different launcher. I'm using Nova launcher, which has a free and a paid version. This comes with a lot of nifty extras as well. Recommended

Thanks! i'll check that out.

+Quote Post
Zarhan
post Feb 13 2020, 09:08 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 850,871

QUOTE(TheLonelyRunner @ Feb 13 2020, 07:06 PM) *

Nova launcher has worked for me. Initially I just worked around it by putting all my icons & stuff on screens 2-n, and left the screen 1 alone with it's ugly search bar and never took a look at it.

+Quote Post
TheLonelyRunner
post Feb 13 2020, 09:12 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Zarhan @ Feb 13 2020, 09:08 AM) *
QUOTE(TheLonelyRunner @ Feb 13 2020, 07:06 PM) *

Nova launcher has worked for me. Initially I just worked around it by putting all my icons & stuff on screens 2-n, and left the screen 1 alone with it's ugly search bar and never took a look at it.

Same here, i really like a tidy desktop so i was using the second screen. Nova is working great, i've only played around for a few minutes with it. As a Cosmo owner for less than a month I can't convey enough how much a positive experience with the device relies on customizing to personal preference.

+Quote Post
VAMM
post Feb 13 2020, 09:14 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 861,536

QUOTE(TheBruce @ Feb 13 2020, 09:36 AM) *

+1 For Nova Launcher

I also installed it initially just to get rid of the Google Search bar. As it turned out though, a nice side benefit is that it's a really nice piece of software and has made my Cosmo's home screen much more appealing and useful.

+Quote Post
adfh
post Feb 18 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 861,112

+1 for Nova Launcher!

+Quote Post
Vistaus
post Feb 19 2020, 02:47 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 850,627

Yandex Launcher also works extremely well on the Cosmo, I'm loving it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
pavelh
post Feb 19 2020, 04:23 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 819,682

Thanks for a hint, Nova Launcher is excelent itself and what's more - it really helped me to get rid of enourmously large Google search line. Another feature - I can have much more (and smaller) icons on just one screen. Thank you.
( < :
Just by the way - isn't there some Czech Cosmo thread / backer that could help me with my Czech Cosmo keyboard ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 02:39 AM